Welcome to the SemEval-2023 Task-1 - Visual-WSD: Visual Word Sense Disambiguation (Visual-WSD)
Join the mailing group: email@example.com
Codalab competition page (Updated Oct 18, 2022)
Download train+trial data - Google drive link - OneDrive link [17GB] (Updated Oct 18, 2022): Train data in English language, including gold keys.
Download trial data (Updated Sept 06, 2022): Trial data for the English language, including gold keys.
License: The dataset is released under the CC-BY-NC 4.0 license.
Fair data usage policy: We require users participating in our shared task to adhere to a fair data usage policy. All users agree that they will not attempt to search the trial/training/test data using any search engine on the web, to reverse engineer the data generation process, or to tamper with the data beyond the goals of the task.
Task: Given a word and some limited textual context, the task is to select among a set of candidate images the one which corresponds to the intended meaning of the target word.
Example: Given the full phrase andromeda tree containing the ambiguous target word andromeda, and the following ten candidate images, the task is to select the corresponding one. In this case, the correct image is the first one on the left, as shown below.
Organizers of the shared task:
- Alessandro Raganato, Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Iacer Calixto, Amsterdam UMC, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Jose Camacho-Collados, School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Asahi Ushio, School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Mohammad Taher Pilehvar, Tehran Institute for Advanced Studies, Iran